- Direct Reports
- Set a clear strategic direction and align it with the organization’s.
- Help others feel connected to the organization’s purpose and future
- Have the necessary skills and knowledge to perform job duties effectively.
- Be open to feedback and adjust behavior accordingly.
- Bring your best game each day.
- Leverage the strengths of each team member.
- Treat others with dignity and respect.
- Create a work environment that motivates high performance.
- Be loyal to your people.
- Remove obstacles and reduce their struggle in doing their jobs.
- Follow through on actions, promises, and assignments.
- Accept responsibility for your actions and the actions of your team.
- Communicate a compelling vision for partnering together.
- Demonstrate high ethical standards.
- Openly share knowledge and insights.
- Align business goals to customer goals.
- Be fair and open about issues and concerns.
- Know when to stop analyzing a problem and make a decision.
- Apologize and identify possible solutions.
- Live, lead, manage, and work with integrity.
From: Parker Stewart, J, Stewart, DJ. Lead Now!: A personal leadership coaching guide for results-driven leaders. 2021.